We process the data of all users of this Website in a lawful, transparent and fair manner, for pre-determined purposes and only to the extent necessary to achieve them. We process your personal data in adherence to the personal data processing requirements set out in the General Data Protection Regulation No 2016/679 (EU) (hereinafter referred to as the GDPR), the Republic of Lithuania Law on Legal Protection of Personal Data, as well as other legal acts or recommendations and/or instructions of supervisory authorities. We also undertake to use all reasonable technical and administrative measures to protect your data collected by us from loss, unauthorised use and/or changes.
Persons under the age of 14 cannot provide any personal data through our website/social networking accounts. If you are a person below the age of 14, before submitting personal information, you must obtain the consent of your legal guardians (parents, adoptive parents, guardians, carers.
Details of the Data Controller:
State Department of Tourism under the Ministry of Economy
Legal entity code: 188708758
Registered office: Gedimino pr. 38/Vasario 16-osios g. 2, 01104 Vilnius, Lithuania
Phone: +370 706 64 976
How do we collect information about you?
Your personal data, i.e. any information about you that allow us to recognize you, is collected in various ways:
- You may provide us with information (personal data) directly;
- We may collect information about you automatically;
- In some cases, we acquire information about you from third parties and may collect information about you from publicly available sources.
You may provide us with your personal data directly. Typically this will happen when you:
- Submit a query, request and/or claim to us by phone, e-mail or regular mail.
We may collect information about you automatically. Typically this will happen when you:
- You submit a query through our social networking accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube);
- Publish public posts on social networking platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube) that we are administering;
- Use our Website (data are collected with the help of cookies and similar technologies. You can find further information about cookies that we use down below).
What information about you (personal data) do we process?
Although we try to collect as little information about you as possible, we collect the following information for our activities:
- Information that you submit when calling or writing us;
- Information about your achievements, professional or other public activities that are important for the promotion of tourism in Lithuania;
- We do not ask or process special categories of your personal data revealing your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, as well as health data or data on your sexual life and sexual orientation. your image (recorded in photos); Information about the device you use.
Information we collect from you directly, for example:
- Name, surname, e-mail address, address of the place of residence.
Information that we collect automatically will generally concern:
Information that we collect from third parties or publicly-available sources is usually as follows:
- Your name, surname, place of work/professional activity/business, education, place of residence, image (recorded in photos).
You may choose not to provide us certain information; however, in this case, we may not be able to provide our service to you (e.g., if you do not indicate the required information that we ask in order to reply to a query submitted by you, we will not be able to answer you).
Important: Personnel of the State Department of Tourism under the Ministry of Economy will never ask you to provide, neither in writing nor by telephone or via any other means, your login data, bank card numbers, passwords, or any other information which could be used to cause you financial or any other damage.
Data processing purposes and legal basis
The above information is processed for the following purposes:
- To implement Lithuanian tourism marketing activities and provide information to tourists;
- To carry out the internal administration of the Department of Tourism of Lithuania;
- To determine quality of internet services provided by the Department of Tourism of Lithuania;
- To defend interests of the Department of Tourism of Lithuania in courts or in other institutions.
The legal basis for our processing of your personal data is one or several of the following lawful processing grounds:
- Compliance with the requirements provided by law;
- Performance of a contract with you;
- Legitimate our or public interests that are not overridden by your private interests;
- In certain cases, your consent.
The purposes, grounds and personal data processed by us are presented in this table:
|Purpose||Legal ground(s)||Personal data|
Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us
Name, surname, e-mail, phone number or other contact data, place of residence, place of work/professional activity/business, education, image (recorded in photos)
Compliance with the requirements provided by law
Name, surname, e-mail, phone number or other contact data, place of residence, place of work/professional activity/business, education.
Our legitimate interest to monitor the quality of services provided by us, create and improve the provided content and ensure the safety of the Website
IP address, operating system version and parameters of the device you use to access the content; your session time and duration and any and all information stored in cookies set up by us in your device; device GPS signal or information about the nearest WiFi access points and mobile towers that may be transferred to us when you use the content of our website.
Compliance with the requirements provided by law
Where we do not base our processing of personal data on one of the legal bases provided in the table, we will ask for your consent before we process your personal data (these cases will be clear from the circumstances and context).
In some instances, when we use your personal data for purposes that are not described in this Policy, we will notify you by providing a supplemental notice.
Who do we share your personal data with?
- Companies that provide services on our request;
- Law enforcement and state authorities;
- Other parties, where required by law or is necessary to protect our legitimate interests.
Data processors are entitled to process personal data only on the grounds of a written agreement concluded between us and them, in accordance with our instructions, and only to the extent necessary to fulfil obligations set out in the agreement in a duly manner. When we engage processors, we take all measures required to ensure that our data processors have implemented proper organisational and technical safety measures and will keep personal data secret. The list of categories of data processors is as follows:
- Marketing agencies;
- Companies supervising the IT system of the Department of Tourism of Lithuania;
- Companies providing postal services and courier services;
- Companies providing legal services.
To which countries your personal data are transferred?
Sometimes we may have to transfer your personal data to other countries that may not have equivalent data protection standards. In such cases, we would do our best to ensure the security of your personal data being transferred.
In very rare cases, we may send your personal data to countries outside of the European Economic Area. In such cases, we make sure that one of the following security measures is used:
- Agreement concluded with the data recipient is based on Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission;
- Binding corporate rules are applicable;
- Data recipient is incorporated in the country recognised the European Commission as applying adequate data protection standards;
- Codes of conduct, certification mechanisms;
- Permit of the State Data Protection Inspectorate was obtained.
Where none of the aforementioned appropriate security measures are available, we may use exceptions provided in Article 49 of the Regulation (e.g., transfer your data on the grounds of your consent); however, these exceptions may be used only in cases strictly provided for in the Regulation.
How do we protect your personal data?
We have implemented intelligent and appropriate physical and technical measures to protect the information we collect for content/service purposes. However, please keep in mind that while we are taking appropriate action to protect your personal data, no website, online transaction, computer system or wireless connection is completely safe.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We establish personal data retention periods pursuant to the requirements provided by the laws and regulations and instructions of supervisory and/or other competent authorities. Where such requirements (instructions) are not provided, data retention periods are established in consideration of our legitimate or public interests, but they will not exceed 2 years. When data retention periods expire, your data will be erased in such a way that they cannot be restored or anonymized in such a way that there is no possibility to identify you.
Typically, personal data is stored in the following terms:
|Personal data||Storage period|
|Data related to the handling of queries/requests/claims||1 year as of the date of their submission|
|Data related to the Lithuanian tourism marketing activities||Up to 2 years|
|IT system records (logs)||1 year|
|Analytics data||Usually these data are collected automatically when you use the Website and are anonymized/aggregated as soon as they are obtained|
The data subject whose data is processed in the course of our activities, depending on the circumstances, has the following rights:
- To know (to be informed) about his/her data being processed (right to be informed);
- To access personal data processed in the course of our activities and get information about how they are being processed (right to access);
- To demand the rectification of your personal data or, in consideration of personal data processing purposes, have the right to have incomplete personal data completed (right to rectification);;
- To demand the erasure of personal data concerning you (right to be forgotten);
- To require us to restrict the processing of personal data concerning you (right to restriction of processing);
- To require us to transmit personal data provided to us (right to data portability);
- To object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you which is based on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, or when personal data are processed for the purposes of direct marketing, including profiling (right to object);
- To withdraw your consent for personal data processing where personal data are processed on the grounds of consent.
We always strive to ensure your rights appropriately and promptly respond to any possible breach in exercising them; therefore, if you have any questions regarding your personal data processed by us, please contact us first. We also note that in all cases you have the right to file a complaint with the State Data Protection Inspectorate at any time.
We offer you easy ways to exercise these rights. You can do this by calling +370 706 64 976, writing us at Gedimino pr. 38/Vasario 16-osios g. 2, Vilnius, or by using certain links at the bottom of the promotional content provided by us, if we provide any.Your rights will be fulfilled once your identity is confirmed live (by submitting an ID: personal identity card or passport) or by electronic means (e.g., by electronic signature).
We may refuse to fulfil the aforementioned rights in cases provided by the law where it is necessary to ensure the prevention, investigation or determination of offences, breaches of official or professional ethics, as well as protection of rights and freedoms of data subject or any other persons.
Cookies, signals and similar technologies
When you visit our Website, we want to provide content and features tailored to your needs. This requires cookies. Cookies are small items of information stored in your web browser. They help the data controller to recognize you as the previous visitor to a certain website save the history of your visit to the site and adapt the content accordingly. Cookies also help ensure the smooth running of websites, allow you to monitor the duration, frequency of visits to websites and collect statistics about the number of site visitors. By analysing this data, we can improve our Website and make it more user-friendly for your convenience.
Cookies used in our Website:
|1P_Jar||1 month||These cookies are used by Google to show personalised ads on the Website based on the latest and previous searches||Latest and previous searches|
|PHPSESSID||Until the website window is closed||This is a website functionality cookie||Unique ID number|
|REMEMBERME||1 week||Login authentication – this is a cookie that helps to remember user login data (for website administrators only)||Website administrator login data|
30 minutes (depending on the cookie)
|This cookie is associated with the AddThis social sharing widget which is embedded in the website to enable visitors to share content with a range of networking and sharing platforms||Number of refreshes of a part of the page|
Until the end of session
1 year (depending on the cookie)
|(GOOGLE) Cookies starting with _ga ir _utm (e.g., __utma, __utmz) are associated with Google Analytics and used to register visitor statistics||User status (new or returning), used browser version, device model, session duration, number of viewed pages, landing pages and other information identifying the person|
|1 year||(YANDEX) Used in order to indicate the user status||User status (new or returning), used browser version, device model, session duration, number of viewed pages, landing pages and other information identifying the person|
|accesibility-size on-off contrast||1 week||This cookie is associated with a tool for people with disabilities. Saves settings||Disability|
|articleLike||1 year||This cookie is associated with the ‘add to bookmarks’ tool||Liked articles|
When you use browser to access the content we provide, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or get notified when a cookie is downloaded. Each browser is different, so if you do not know how to change cookie preferences, look in its help menu. Operating system of your device may have additional cookie controls. If you do not want the information to be collected using cookies, use easy-to-use procedure in most current browsers that allows you to stop using cookies. To learn more about managing cookies, visit: www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. .
The Website contains links to external websites, i.e. websites of institutions associated with tourism in Lithuania (for example, lodging, catering, organisation of leisure activities). When using such links, please note that these websites and services available via them must have their own separate privacy policies (rules), for which we cannot assume responsibility; therefore, we recommend to read them carefully before providing any of your personal data.
By mail: Gedimino pr. 38/Vasario 16-osios g. 2, 01104 Vilnius, Lithuania;
By phone: +370 706 64 976;
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified on 6th november 2018.